Monday, February 4, 2013

Recycled Quilt Update


The crazy quilt I was making from vintage embroidered items is finished.


I used embroidery stitches along the seams, but when it was finished, all the blocks kind of ran together.  So I made blue bias binding and appliqued it to the seams where the blocks were sewn together.  Most of the old pieces were very pale, and the blue made it much better. The back lining is muslin.

 
 The quilt is hanging on the wall right now, and I plan to use it for a daybed cover when warm weather gets here. 
 
The old linen items that I had collected look much better in this quilt than they did in that box in the closet.