I had a nice surprise yesterday when I learned that my friend Patricia had given me an eclectic blogger award. Thank you, StableGranny, for including me in such an amazing group of bloggers!
Now, I get to pass out some awards myself! Here are the rules for the five people I nominated:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 5 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 5 bloggers for the Eclectic Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 5 things about yourself
2. I have never met Charlotte personally, but I look forward to her blogs like a letter from home!
3. Amy and I have been friends a long time. She writes about homeschooling and books. If she recommends a book, it goes on my list to read. I love keeping up with her little ones!
4. Writing from a Blackberry Patch is another blog I always read. Janet is a wonderful writer and loves birds, quilts, flowers, cooking--all the things that I love! I even won a great prize on her blog last year. She inspires me to keep writing! janetsmart.blogspot.com
5. This last one is so hard--I read lots of blogs and enjoy them all. On her blog, Patricia has a bible verse and an inspiring thought to start the day off everyday! It really helps me, especially on days I don't want to leave the house. 100morningswiththeson.blogspot.com
Now, I get to tell Stablegranny five things about myself. She's been reading my blog for a while, so she knows me pretty well already!
1. I love all places on the Earth, but I only feel at home in the mountains.
2. I'm so blessed--married almost 43 years, two good sons, two good daughters-in-love, and two beautiful granddaughters.
3. I was into recycling before 'green' became popular.
4. My views about life seem 'old-fashioned' to some. Calling me old-fashioned is a high compliment.
5. I love music; real music, not volume. Folk music and bluegrass are my favorites!
Enjoy this holiday weekend, kind friends.