Saturday, May 26, 2012

Eclectic Blogger Awards


I had a nice surprise yesterday when I learned that my friend Patricia had given me an eclectic blogger award.  Thank you, StableGranny, for including me in such an amazing group of bloggers!

Now, I get to pass out some awards myself!  Here are the rules for the five people I nominated:

The rules:
  • Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
  • Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
  • Next, select 5 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
  • Nominate those 5 bloggers for the Eclectic Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 5 things about yourself
1.  Patricia's blog is one I always read.  We live in the same area and have a lot of common interests.  Sometimes, if I'm swamped at work or out of town, I don't get to read it everyday, but I always go back and 'catch up' when I have time. writeronahorse.blogspot.com

2. I have never met Charlotte personally, but I look forward to her blogs like a letter from home!
www.ezpineypost.blogspot.com

3.  Amy and I have been friends a long time.  She writes about homeschooling and books. If she recommends a book, it goes on my list to read.  I love keeping up with her little ones!
hopeistheword.com

4. Writing from a Blackberry Patch is another blog I always read.  Janet is a wonderful writer and loves birds, quilts, flowers, cooking--all the things that I love! I even won a great prize on her blog last year.  She inspires me to keep writing!  janetsmart.blogspot.com

5.  This last one is so hard--I read lots of blogs and enjoy them all. On her blog, Patricia has a bible verse and an inspiring thought to start the day off everyday!  It really helps me, especially on days I don't want to leave the house.  100morningswiththeson.blogspot.com

Now, I get to tell Stablegranny five things about myself.  She's been reading my blog for a while, so she knows me pretty well already!

1. I love all places on the Earth, but I only feel at home in the mountains.

2. I'm so blessed--married almost 43 years, two good sons, two good daughters-in-love, and two beautiful granddaughters.

3.  I was into recycling before 'green' became popular. 

4. My views about life seem 'old-fashioned' to some.  Calling me old-fashioned is a high compliment.

5. I love music; real music, not volume.  Folk music and bluegrass are my favorites!

Enjoy this holiday weekend, kind friends.