I bought this old cabinet at an auction more years ago than I can remember. I used it to store quilts in the house we lived in before we moved here in 2002. It has been in the garage since we have lived here, full of old paint cans and spiders.
Hub cleaned out the garage this summer, and cleaned up and repaired the cabinet. Inspired by the folks at Furniture Flips, he searched the internet for different ways to paint.
He used a crackle technique that involved Plaster of Paris and school glue. You'll have to talk to him if you want specific instructions.
Here it is now; in the corner of our living room with a few quilts inside.
I'm really sorry I sold a bunch of old furniture at a yard sale. Hub could have redone it all. I'm guessing I'll have to find some more at auctions.