People, young and old, rich and poor, are suffering today.
The earth quakes and buildings crumble.
Some lives are gone, the rest are changed forever.
We are covered with blessings that become commonplace, and we forget.
Bombarded with pictures of destruction, I remember.
276. I wake up in a clean, warm bed.
277. I have shoes to slip on when I arise.
278. I walk a few steps to a sanitary bathroom.
279. I have soap.
280. I have clean water to wash my hands.
281. I have clean towels to dry them off.
283. I have privacy as I dress for the day.
284. I have clean clothes to dress in.
285. I have a kitchen to walk to.
286. I draw clean water from the kitchen sink.
287. I fill the coffee pot with ground beans.
288. The coffee pot is turned on, and wonderful electricity makes it work.
289. A mug, one that makes me smile, is filled with dark coffee.
290. Except for the hum of electrical appliances at work, it is quiet.
291. I have no fear for my safety in this house.
292. I walk to my office with its comfortable chair.
293. I open the Word with no fear of persecution.
294. I consume the living Word.
295. I turn on the computer, and am linked to the whole world instantly.
296. I read letters from friends.
297. I am encouraged by several friends who share their blogs.
298. I have clean, nutritious food for breakfast.
299. I have a job to go to.
300. I have a car to get me there.
I pray that I will never again forget that all good gifts come from the Father. I'm ashamed it took the suffering of others to remind me.
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world...Jesus. John 16:33